My name is Nancy I. Sanders. I’ve written over 100 published books for kids, and I want to help you become a published children’s book author, too.
In today’s children’s market, nonfiction is hot, hot, HOT!
That’s because with current new educational standards, parents, teachers, and librarians are buying nonfiction for kids like never before. Many editors and agents are acquiring a steady diet of nonfiction manuscripts from experienced and new children’s writers alike.
Nonfiction can be your ticket to breaking into the children’s publishing industry.
YOU can learn the steps to write a children’s nonfiction book…all in ONE month!
You will start a BRAND NEW nonfiction book manuscript, either a picture book or a short chapter book.
You’ll learn how to build a successful nonfiction children’s book from the ground up.
Starting a BRAND NEW nonfiction book for this workshop will give you the tools you need to write book after book for today’s market. I will show you step-by-step techniques I use to write nonfiction books under contract with just one month to write them. Then, after the workshop is over, you can take these strategies and use them to polish other nonfiction manuscripts you’ve been working on.
* You will study specific features included in two of my nonfiction books published with one of the top publishers in today’s market, Get to Know First Biographies: Mary (Get to Know) and King David (Get to Know)
* I will teach you how to brainstorm a potential topic specifically geared for today’s nonfiction market and then narrow it down to a focus with huge doses of kid-appeal.
* You will learn how to organize your time and accomplish key essential tasks during your writing day.
* I will provide you with charts and handouts and worksheets you will actually fill out during the workshop to help guide you through the process from beginning to end (there are over 30 handouts you’ll receive when you register for this workshop).
Have these supplies handy as you listen to each session to get the most from each workshop:
Spiral notebook or blank composition notebook
Expandable pocket folder with empty file folders
Zipper pencil pouch with highlighters and pens
Fun stickers (if you love stickers!)
The Workshop Sessions
Here’s what will be presented and what you’ll accomplish each week of the month you’ll be writing your nonfiction book:
WEEK ONE: PREPARE AND PLAN
* Make your commitment to write the first draft of your manuscript from beginning to end.
* Choose your broad topic.
* Gather your research books and set up your research center.
* Type your bibliography.
* Narrow your topic.
* Choose your mentor text.
* Log in daily sessions of research.
* Chart the structure of your manuscript.
* Brainstorm ideas for a winning title.
* Write the first draft of your “Beginning.”
WEEK TWO: RESEARCH AND WRITE
* Write the first chapter or section of your nonfiction manuscript.
* Divide your project into workable chunks and set writing goals for each day.
* Develop a rhythm of research, writing, and self-editing to write the first half of your manuscript.
* Learn about the educational standards nonfiction writers follow to fit into today’s market.
* Incorporate the Common Core State Standards into key features of your manuscript.
WEEK THREE: RESEARCH AND WRITE
* Continue the rhythm of research, writing, and self-editing to write most of the second half of your manuscript.
* Learn how to hone your voice to write engaging nonfiction.
* Check your manuscript for the readability level.
* Add cliffhangers at the end of pages or chapters.
* Explore photo research for your project.
* Learn how to show, don’t tell.
* Apply strategies to trim word count if necessary.
WEEK FOUR: WRAP IT UP
* Continue the rhythm of research, writing, and self-editing to finish the second half of your manuscript.
* Write the “Ending” of your manuscript.
* Fact check.
* Edit your manuscript with a rubric to polish it until it shines.
* Write glossary, timeline, and a selected bibliography.
* Finish the front and back matter.
* Prepare to submit your manuscript to a publisher.
CLICK HERE now to register for this 4-session workshop and you’ll gain immediate and unlimited access to all the audios and handouts.
This 4-session Writer’s Workshop includes over 4 hours of audio instruction and over 30 handouts! All for just $49.97!
You’ll use these materials over and over again to write book after book.
To your success,